Brandtjen & Kluge, Inc. (Kluge) today announced the introduction of the new Kluge ApexFoil™ Foil Stamping and Diecutting Press. The ApexFoil offers major innovations in application range, make-ready and efficiency.
The world’s most popular and best-selling small to medium format foil stamping and diecutting press just got better.¹ The new ApexFoil was recently highlighted as part of a technical program at the FSEA/IADD Odyssey Technical Conference and it received rave reviews from attendees. The technical program was focused on processing difficult applications and substrates and reducing the make-ready times of these applications.
“We were driven to develop the ApexFoil in response to customer feedback and a clear understanding of their evolving business needs,” said Michael Aumann, CEO of Kluge. “The functionality of this innovative new product will allow for better efficiency and more output in an ever-changing workflow environment driven by digital print technology.”
The key properties of foil stamping are simple to identify: Time, Temperature and Tonnage. Until now, although simple to identify, those properties have been difficult to measure and control. Now, operators can use the ApexFoil’s Compass™ control system that includes patented features to control the “3-T’s” Time, Temperature and Tonnage. Compass allows operators to greatly reduce and in some cases, eliminate make-ready on every job.
Other features include:
- A sleek new machine design with sliding Clearview interlocking safety guards, a PLC Touchscreen interface, a multi-point LED lighting package and high-performance Delrin® work surface.
- Improved foil performance with a programmable foil system that can hold a tolerance of +/- .016″ at the foil gap and also provides programmable step and repeat capability.
- 24/7 programmable dual surface heat control with timer control to pre-heat die and make-ready surfaces prior to a shift start up.
- A foil, die and make-ready alignment system that trims set-up time and boosts set-up efficiency.
- Accurate quick-set tool-less registration adjustments and an ultra-lightweight die mounting plate require less operator effort and can save up to 5 minutes of set-up time during job changeover.
The commercial release and first official exhibition for the ApexFoil will be at Print17 in Chicago this September. Application testing and demonstrations are ongoing at Kluge’s manufacturing facility and corporate headquarters.
¹The Kluge ApexFoil is an evolution of the Kluge EHD/EHF Series of Presses, which is the world’s best-selling small format foil stamping and diecutting press as of June 2017.