Finishing techniques add value to any printed piece. Used individually or in combination, these techniques transform the ordinary into the extraordinary.
The key properties of foil stamping are simple to identify: Time, Temperature and Tonnage. Until now, although simple to identify, those properties have been difficult to measure and control. Now, operators can use the ApexFoil’s Compass™ control system that includes patented features to control the “3-T’s” time, temperature and tonnage. Compass allows operators to greatly reduce and in some cases, eliminate make-ready on every job.
Dwell time, controlled heat and impressional strength are the core elements that make the Kluge ApexFoil™ Press the gold standard of the industry.
- The newly designed Compass™ Control System features a PLC touch-screen interface for easier operation, enhanced control, and easy to program foil advancing. Ultimately this design reduces or eliminates make-ready on most jobs, permits a wider range of applications, and over all makes the press Operator friendly.
- Clearview interlocking safety guards with LED lighting, make it safe and convenient to access all operational points of the press.
- A Delrin® surface provides a convenient resting space for the die mounting and diecutting chase.
- Programmable foil system with touchscreen interface. Stepper motor drives can control motions to within .001”; this allows the unit to hold a tolerance as close as +/- .016” at the foil gap.
- Air Controlled Foil Separators result in better foil transfer quality and allow for faster operating speeds.
- 24/7 programmable heat controls with pre-heat capability allows press temperature to be ready as programmed which reduces set-up time.
- Foil, Die and Make-ready alignment system making make-ready time faster and more accurate.
- Light-weight die mounting plate; honeycomb design provides an infinite range of secure die mounting positions. Weighing only 14 lbs. this makes mounting the plate nearly effortless for the operator.
- Missed sheet detector eliminates damaged dies and counter-dies.
- Quick-set tool-less side guide adjustment change from LH to RH in seconds.
- Micro-adjustable head-stop registration, assures accurate product registration and reduces set-up time.
- A variable frequency drive offers more flexibility to address challenging jobs.
- Folding Cartons
- Greeting cards
- Holograms and security
- Presentation/pocket folders
- Paper/hard back book covers
- Business cards
- Digital Workflow
- Report covers
- Diecutting/kiss cutting
- Media and mailing
|Platen Size||14” x 22”||356 mm x 559 mm|
|Length, Width & Height||112”, 60”, 79”||2845, 1524, 2007 mm|
|Net Weight (approx.)||4900 lbs||2223 kg|
|Operating Speed||Up to 3300 iph|
|Maximum Sheet Size||17” x 24.75”||432 mm x 629 mm|
|Minimum Sheet Size*||4” x 5”||102 mm x 127 mm|
|Magazine Capacity||14”||356 mm|
|Delivery Capacity||14”||356 mm|
|Inside Chase Dimensions||14” x 22”||356 mm x 559 mm|
|Outside Chase Dimensions||16.25” x 23.5”||413 mm x 597 mm|
|Stock Range||Onion Skin to .200” board|
|Electrical||(Machine) 208/230V, 3 phase, 60 cycle, 30 Amp|
(Hot Plate) 208/230V, 3 phase, 60 cycle, 50 Amp
|Air||100 PSI @ 20 CFM|