The Kluge OmniCoat Roll Coater Series
Roller coaters have been around for over a century. We should know — we’ve been making them for nearly that long. So you might think of them as “old news.”
But we think there are at least two things about a UV roller coater that ought to excite you:
- What it can do.
- What it can do for your business.
To that end, we’ve developed a new series of Kluge UV roller coaters that bring these “old-timers” into the 21st century, with state-of-the-art features that significantly increase efficiency, improve quality, and make setup & operation a breeze.
What Is a UV Roller Coater?
Perhaps better known as simply a “roll coater,” a UV roller coater is a finishing machine that can apply almost any liquid coating to a wide range of different materials, including:
- Sheet metal
While there are other methods for coating these same materials, UV roller coaters are widely regarded as the most efficient and effective means of applying a consistently high-quality finish to a large volume of products. Today’s best machines can be either automated or operated manually.
Common applications for the UV roller coater in the printing, finishing, and manufacturing world include:
- Oil coating
- Glue spreading
- Clear top coating
These are only a few of the most popular applications for roll coaters, but one of the reasons these machines have been so widely adopted is precisely because they are so versatile. They can be used in all kinds of ways on all kinds of products — even in ways that haven’t yet been imagined. That makes them ideal for companies whose customers have a wide range of needs and ideas.
Our Machines: The Kluge OmniCoat UV Roller Coater Series
We currently offer two UV Roller Coater models: the OmniCoat 1800 and OmniCoat 3000.
The OmniCoat 3000 boasts a larger conveyor and a bigger maximum sheet size. By comparison, the OmniCoat 1800 makes a smaller footprint. (See our complete list of specifications for each model.) But both models offer the same advanced, industry-leading benefits:
One-Touch Control Panel
- Easy to use. Your employees can start operating with very little training.
- Fast. Digital presets produce high-quality finishes in the press of a button.
- Smart. Built-in “Start-Up Mode” monitors the entire process.
Advanced UV Coating
- Prevents scratching, facing, and scuffing
- Protects products from humidity & water damage
- Reduces production scuffing
- Choose from color, solids, and mid-tone enhancements
- Increased vibrancy & detail
- Enhanced colors
- Choice of matte, gloss, or satin finishes
The Kluge OmniCoat Advantage
- Manual or fully automatic, up to 5,000+ sheets per hour
- Small footprint to accommodate standard door widths
- Roll to any location
- 100% designed and manufactured in USA
- One-year warranty
- Installation and training available
- Infrared section enhances coating flow and adhesion
- Constant wattage ballasts for consistent results
- “Idle Mode” yields meaningful energy savings
Impact on Bottom Line
- More in-house capability
- On-demand coating
- Shorter turn-around
- Reduced make-ready / lead time
- In-house control of variable data sorting
- Competitive advantage vs. costly outsourcing
- Significantly more cost-effective than laminate (and with better results)
- Empowers your business to offer high-end glossy substrate finishes
- New markets, greater customer choice
Learn more about the OmniCoat 1800 and , roller coaters as exciting as roller coasters.
Kluge Means Quality.
Kluge has spent nearly a century making innovative machine solutions for businesses in the folding carton and print finishing industries.
Our commitment to quality began alongside our company in 1919. To this day, we continue to manufacture each and every machine with our own hands — the hands of experts who know this industry inside and out.
While we continue to enhance our products with the latest technology, the reason Kluge machines are in use all around the world is simple:
- Integrity of service.
We value each and every one of our customers, many of them having maintained a relationship with Brandtjen & Kluge, LLC for generations. We are passionate about the products we make, and we think our products bear that out. We’re proud to say our customers agree.
See the Kluge difference for yourself. Call us and get to know us better. Find out what our products can do for your bottom line.
Get a Quick Quote for Your Business
To learn more about Kluge’s UV roller coaters, or to get a quote for your company, simply call 866-501-7741 (toll free: 800-826-7320, U.S. or Canada) or contact us online.