True Metal Digital Decoration for Even the Smallest Runs
The words “digital metal” might sound like something from the far-off future, but thanks to our friends at KURZ, it’s here today.
DIGITAL METAL® combines digital printing with coating and metal-transfer processes, meaning you can print products with a high-quality metallized surface.
This new frontier in print finishing gives your customers unprecedented creativity and control. DIGITAL METAL® makes new kinds of printing effects possible.
The best part? You can even use the KURZ DM-LINER® to create metallized surfaces for small runs or individual print runs.
Personalized DIGITAL METAL® is now within reach for small boutique businesses, individual clients, short print runs, vanity projects, and beyond.
For you, it’s yet another attractive and valuable service to offer your customers.
For them, it looks awesome — a classy, eye-catching finish that will set their products apart.
What Is DIGITAL METAL® Printing?
The DIGITAL METAL® process brings traditional foil stamping into the digital era, using state-of-the-art machinery to transfer metal foils onto paper or cardboard (and a wide range of other materials) with digital precision.
Surpassing the foil enhancements available with conventional foil stamping, DIGITAL METAL® is the ability to translate a complex artistic design to a metallic finish.
Metal: it’s not just a tool anymore. It’s art.
How Does DIGITAL METAL® Printing Work?
We can sum up the process in five easy steps:
- Your customer’s art design is printed directly onto the substrate using toner or electro-ink.
- The foil is applied onto the preprinted material.
- After detaching the carrier film, the metallized coating layers remain on the toner/electro-ink.
- Next up: overprinting (in digital or offset printing).
- Finally, your product is finished with flawless enhancement and zero deformation of substrate.
Introducing the DM-LINER® by KURZ: DIGITAL METAL® Printing Solution
The KURZ DM-LINER® is a toner-based transfer module that serves as a portfolio expansion for companies with digital printing machines.
It can systematically transform almost any digital toner and e-ink preprint into a precise, 100% true-to-design metallic finish. The module adapts to suit capacity and can print in A3 and/or B2 format — with up to 2,400 sheets per hour.
For processing, the DM-LINER® can be fed with sheets as well as rolls. The addition of a stacker / un-stacker makes it possible for basic machinery to be used for digital sheet-fed printing. Learn more about the KURZ DM-LINER®.
Applications for DIGITAL METAL® Printing
KURZ’s innovative DIGITAL METAL® enhancement process is incredibly versatile, making it an attractive alternative to traditional metallized paper or cardboard.The system allows you to use a wide range of paper materials. Applications include (but certainly aren’t limited to):
- Labels (including self-adhesive labels)
- Flyers & brochures
- Invitations & greeting cards
- Direct mail
- Magazines, photo books & calendars
- Product packaging
- Sample prints (e.g. inexpensive proofs, mockups)
Benefits of the DM-LINER®
The KURZ DM-LINER® significantly increases the products and services you’re able to offer.
- Quick job switching, digitally per computer
- Cost-effective, even for smaller enhancement jobs – as of the first piece
- Very short production times, meaning speed to market
Customization & Quality Control
- Edge-sharp enhancements that can be applied to highly specified areas
- Full-surface decoration available even for large surfaces
- Pure white remains pure after enhancement, without haziness
- Adheres to many different types of paper (compatible with most toner or ink-based materials)
- Each sheet can be individually enhanced, ideal for personalization or numbering
- Easily overprintable
Endless Options for Classy Effects
- Choose from gold, silver, iridescent, or hologram effects
- Extreme high gloss
- Super fine definition
- Full-shade and half-shade effects
- Numerous other options & combinations
Two Names You Can Trust: Kluge and KURZ.
Brandtjen & Kluge has been one of the world’s leading providers of folding carton and print finishing machinery since 1919. It is precisely because of our commitment to quality that our machines are actively in use on manufacturing floors all around the world.
KURZ is a leading foil producer with an impressive global reach and a longstanding reputation for excellence. They share our passion for technology and high-quality products that optimize the price-performance ratio. The folks at KURZ are known for specifying all raw materials in their foil products and for maintaining sustainable practices that meet or exceed standards around the globe.
Get a Quick Quote for Your Business
To learn how your business can implement KURZ DIGITAL METAL® print finishing, call us at 866-501-7741 (toll free: 800-826-7320, U.S. or Canada) or contact us online.